[symple_heading style=”” title=”It’s Small Business Week!” type=”h1″ font_size=”” text_align=”left” margin_top=”30″ margin_bottom=”30″ color=”undefined” icon_left=”” icon_right=””]
What is it? : Learn more HERE!
Basically, we take a week to highlight and thank small businesses, whom are responsible for 2 out of 3 new jobs created and account for over half of America’s work force. WOW, talk about a big impact.
In celebration, I’d like to highlight my top 5 small businesses of Raleigh! IThis might not be one of my fantastic deals post, but just remember by purchasing from a small business you’re helping your local community!
- Chubby’s Tacos: I love tacos. Need I say more? With excellent service and even better tacos (and margaritas!) check them out – you won’t regret it.
- Always Poppin Popcorn: Do you see a theme? I love food, and one of my favorite snacks is a good bag of popcorn. My favorite is their Triangle Blend – a mix of carmel, yellow, and white cheddar popcorn. YUM. They have a wide variety of flavors – don’t see something you like? They can do custom blends as well. This week’s flavor of the week is taco (Happy cinco de Mayo!)
- Raleigh Breweries: Literally, any of them! Kevin and I generally make it out to a brewery at least once a week, and I will be doing a new weekly segment to review several in the area. I’ve never been disappointed, so give them a shot! A few of my favorites: Neuse River Brewing, Lone Rider, Gizmo Brew Works, and Big Boss Brewing.
- High Cotton: Think southern proper – the perfect place to find a gift for that tailgatin’ gentleman of yours. The staff has always been friendly and eager to help!
- The Big Easy: We always frequent the one downtown off Fayetteville Street. I will say – this is where you can get a big bang for your buck! At $3 for a draft beer on the weekends with live music (no cover!), expect a fun time. I’ll be honest, we rarely go for the food, but the nightlife is always superb.
Please share your favorite Raleigh small businesses in the comments!